Monday, September 5, 2011

Can I Sing? Hell, no. Will I Sing? Of Course! :D

This is the first day of work, after a week of Idul Fitri holiday. The email server in the office really sucked today, so I've been killing time twitting and browsing online shops. But, I have committed not to shop again so I thought I'd just write instead.

Anyway, this topic popped in my head when a friend mention about singing talent in twitter. My mind instantly flew to several years ago, when I won 2nd place in a karaoke contest at Japan Foundation. I was taking Japanese course there and the Foundation held a karaoke contest to celebrate their birthday. I was representing my class (there was 1 more person from my class who participated in the contest, and she was a real singer), regardless to not having singing talent whatsoever. :p

We all had to sing Japanese song and I chose the song called "Sekaiju no Dare Yori Kitto" by Nakayama Miho. Most of the contestant chose a slow song with high level of singing difficulty. Whereas the song I chose was a fast-beat song, probably the only Japanese song that I can sing without reading the lyrics. So, determined to win the contest, I had to do something extra to get the judges' attention. Right?
So, I put on my sexy moves while singing, took of my cardigan in the middle of the song, and turned my back to the audience. On my back, i sticked a piece of paper that said: KETIK WIDI SPASI AFI. Or was it KETIK AFI SPASI WIDI? I forgot. The show "AFI" was a big hit then, the first local (or was it franchised?) singing competition ever aired on TV. A little before the first Indonesian Idol was on.

So, I had the room laughing for my action. And had the judges picked me as 2nd place. Can I really sing? Hell, no! But, it was one memorable embarrassing moment for me and I had so much fun! LOL!

I have one more embarrassing moment which I will cherish forever. Will tell you about it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment